“11 reasons to Buy Books in Your Local Bookshop”
- You love books and so does your bookseller
- You’ll find a world of discovery
- You’ll be supporting your local High Street
- You’re helping create local jobs in our community
- You’ll find great customer service
- You’ll be among friends
- You can browse properly, not virtually
- Your bookseller can help you find the perfect gift
- You can talk to real people about real people in a real bookshop
- Your booksellers will always be pleased to see you
- We pay our taxes!
Today, in my lunch break, I decided to forsake food and go in search of books.
I have a couple of Christmas presents left to buy and never forfeit the chance to browse. As I didn’t want to stray too far, I was limited to Bloomsbury. But let me tell you, if you’re going to be limited to one area for book-hunting, let it be Bloomsbury, because there’s nowhere like it in the world. I visited three old favourites, Judd Books, Skoob and the London Review Bookshop. All three are wonderful.
Sula had a really lovely inscription on the front page from Christmas 1998, when an Alex gave it to a Tara.
In Skoob, I picked up a really cool bookmark, the one at the…
View original post 202 more words